Miracle Week - Day 3 : Favorite GoM
So I made Rin and Rei dance Oppa Gangnam because it seemed fitting.. ಥ‿ಥ
It’s been a while since I animated. This is good practice!
on an unrelated note, the fishing department has been receiving a multitude of panic calls about the state of mackerel in the ocean and would like to formally ask for this to stop and to state that the mackerel are fine.
Rintori or Sourin? What the fuck I ship?
When you realize that someone is only being nice to you because they want something
That awkward moment when you finally say it out loud ‘you know what fox, go and f*** your vacuum cleaner’.
After watching the third episode of Free! Eternal Summer this week, I had an intense craving for cookies, specifically the cookies Rei gives Rin as a gift! So I decided to go ahead and recreate them to the best of my ability!
They’re definitely bigger than the ones in the show and probably softer too, but they’re SO TASTY and quite beautiful to look at. I think Rei-chan would be pleased~
If you’d like to make these babies yourself, then here’s a handy recipe!
Free! Lemon Butterfly Thumbprint Cookies
(Makes up to 2 dozen cookies depending on size of cookie cutter)
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (two sticks) butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Any flavored jam or jelly of your choice, though for this recipe, raspberry pairs really well with the lemon!
- In a small bowl, combine your flour, salt, and baking powder and whisk together until well combined.
- In a larger bowl, beat together the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer until pale yellow and creamy. Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest, and finally the vanilla extract until smooth. Depending on how lemon-y you want your cookies to taste, you can add as much juice as you want. You can even leave it out if you prefer! (I just added it because Nagisa and Rei mention lemon cookies during the episode 4 preview hahaaa.)
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet in two parts, mixing well between each addition.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and leave it to stiffen and chill in the fridge for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone mat made specifically for baking.
- Cover a clean surface as well as a rolling pin in a light dusting of all purpose flour to keep your dough from sticking. Form the dough into a ball and roll it out to the desired thickness. 1 inch should be thick enough.
- Using a butterfly shaped cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and place each one onto a prepared cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Cover your thumb or index finger in a bit of flour and leave a small indent on each wing about a half inch deep.
- Fill each indent about halfway full with jam/jelly.
- Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes until the edges turn golden brown, then set them on a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Simple, right? \o/ Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and remember to always bake freely! /SHOT
Random team member: Buchou, some Ryugazaki is here to see you.
Rin: *tsk* Again?
Behind Rin’s back:
Team member 1: Is it true that last time this Ryugazaki smashed Buchou against the wall?
Team member 2: I heard it in the dressing room.
Meanwhile in front of the pool building:
Rei: Shishou, instruct me onegai shimasu.
Rin: It will cost you a lot you know.
Rei: I’ve been… thinking of… a box of cookies per lesson.
Rin: *tsk* OK. But make sure it’s a big box.
(Can you all hear that *tsk*, can’t you? LOL)